Archival Preservation Workshop for History Organizations and Public Librarians
On Saturday, October 19th, Chester Library’s Local History Librarian and professional archivist Deb Schiff will present a full-day, hands-on workshop on Essential Archival Preservation Practices and Techniques for volunteers and professionals working with archival collections at their organizations.
Participants will learn how to care for:
- Paper-based items (books, pamphlets, papers, maps, architectural drawings/blueprints, works on paper, scrapbooks, clippings, and ephemera)
- Photographs, slides, and other film items
- Recordings (audio and video)
- Textiles (clothing, quilts, hats, flags)
- Objects (metal and other materials)
Other topics include a primer on types of deterioration, trusted archival suppliers, and other helpful resources.
Participants are encouraged to bring items from their collections to work with during the workshop. Class size is limited to 24 people, so register early. The workshop will take place from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Chester Library, 250 West Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Fees will cover archival supplies for each participant (will include archival box, paper, folders, photo sleeves, tissue, and spatula).
Registration is now closed.
To join the waiting list for the workshop, please contact Deb Schiff at email@example.com.
Please note that refunds will not be given for no-shows.