1905 Chester Public School Building Post Card
Public School Building, Chester, N.J., published by George E. Conover & Son in Chester, 1905.
Originally located on Academy Lane, this building was the first school in Chester. Later, it was moved to Grove Street, and became the Grove Street School. In 1829, New Jersey State Law decreed that school districts must be created. The Grove Street School District was one of the original districts in Chester. The structure shown in the post card above no longer exists.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Local History Librarian, Chester Public Library, 250 W. Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Exhibit Publication Date: Published in 2014. ©Copyright Chester Public Library 2014.