Chester School, Chester, N.J., postcard, undated.
Opened as Chester Public School in 1925, it was later renamed Williamson School after its first principal, Charles A. Williamson. Its earliest teachers included Williamson, Dudley Bragg, Elizabeth Keller, and Emarilla Van Fleet. Williamson became a school administrator and served the Chester system for 37 years, until his retirement in 1956. Williamson School graduated its first students in 1962.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Local History Librarian, Chester Public Library, 250 W. Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Exhibit Publication Date: Published in 2014. ©Copyright Chester Public Library 2014.