Chester Volunteer Fire Company
Chester Volunteer Fire Co., No. 1, Chester, N.J., postcard, undated. This postcard was published for Schaefer’s Confectionery in Chester.
The Chester Volunteer Fire Company was officially formed in 1921. Built in 1923, the first firehouse sat on the same land where today’s firehouse stands. The building shown above was completed in 1940, with masonry by local resident John S. Wyckoff. Later, in 1950 and 1962, single-story additions were added to the building.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Local History Librarian, Chester Public Library, 250 W. Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Exhibit Publication Date: Published in 2014. ©Copyright Chester Public Library 2014.