Methodist Church, Chester, N.J., postcard, 1962.
This postcard shows another view of the Methodist Church (also known as the Methodist Episcopal Church). The building existed from 1908-1921, until it burned down. Although it did not have a parsonage, the church rented boarding rooms for single preachers and houses for married ones.
The note on the reverse of the card reads, “Given to Rosamund Barker by Mrs. J. Naughright 1962.”
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Local History Librarian, Chester Public Library, 250 W. Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Exhibit Publication Date: Published in 2014. ©Copyright Chester Public Library 2014.