Tag: Chester Chamber of Commerce
In 1955, the Chamber of Commerce and Civic Association merged to be known as the Chester Chamber of Commerce. Mrs. Juliet McWilliams led the first meeting as acting president. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune
In 1956, Mrs. Percy Chubb, 2nd donated 40.74 acres of land to the West Morris Regional High School District Board of Education. The land, located on Route 24 in Chester Borough, bordered Dr. Nicholas L. Migliaccio’s property. The Chester Chamber of Commerce objected to the Board’s acceptance of the land with a heated statement published in its entirety in the July 19 issue of The Mendham-Chester Tribune.