Tag: Chester Civic Association
In 1955, the Chamber of Commerce and Civic Association merged to be known as the Chester Chamber of Commerce. Mrs. Juliet McWilliams led the first meeting as acting president. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune
In 1955, the Chester Civic Association met with Lester Smalley of the Borough Council to plan efforts to “procure a traffic light at the intersection of Rts 24 and 206, long a very dangerous corner and traffic hazard.” Local and state politicians would be contacted, as well as the N.J. Highway Commission. Source: The Mendham-Chester Tribune.