Tag: Daniel S. Budd
The Chester Borough Council, in 1937, told Mayor Daniel S. Budd to appoint a zoning committee for the Borough. Residents of Chester who wished to protect the value of their real estate holdings had complained about road stands and other businesses that had been established in residential sections of town. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune.
In 1938, both Chester Borough and Township held their first regular meetings of the year. Mayor Daniel S. Budd led the Borough for his second year in office, while Dr. Hugh Fry and Edward Pickel, Sr., succeeded Robert Hughson and Fred DeHart on the Board. For the Township, William Woodruff began his chairmanship over the first meeting at the Chester School. He succeeded Clifford W. Emmons. Also sworn in on New Year’s Day was Stanley Bodine. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune.
The Chester Borough Council debated how best to use the $54,000 in dirt road money provided under the New Jersey Herrick Act, in 1937. At that time, the N.J. State Highway Department allotted funds to counties that applied for the repair of dirt roads. Mayor Daniel S. Budd requested an additional $2,000 from the Board of Chosen Freeholders for a penetration road to be constructed on Budd Avenue on a section between Main Street and the previously named Washington Avenue. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune
In 1937, Mayor Daniel S. Budd appointed a five-man committee to investigate zoning for Chester Borough. They would investigate the practical questions involved in creating a one-zone district. Committee members were Cecil Hoffman, clerk of the borough council; Alonzo P. Greene; Edwin Collis; Alvah Barker; and Charles Williamson. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune
On May 6, 1938, The Mendham-Chester Tribune announced that all local groups were permitted to use the Borough Hall for social an organizational purposes. Mayor Daniel S. Budd passed the motion allowing any of the various clubs to utilize the building free of charge.