Tag: Dr. Hugh Fry
In 1938, both Chester Borough and Township held their first regular meetings of the year. Mayor Daniel S. Budd led the Borough for his second year in office, while Dr. Hugh Fry and Edward Pickel, Sr., succeeded Robert Hughson and Fred DeHart on the Board. For the Township, William Woodruff began his chairmanship over the first meeting at the Chester School. He succeeded Clifford W. Emmons. Also sworn in on New Year’s Day was Stanley Bodine. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune.
In 1955, the Chester Borough Council named its first Zoning Commission. The members were Charles A. Williamson, Dr. Hugh Fry, Alan Lum, Willis Larison, Harvey Guerin, Mayor Nichols, and Cecil Hoffman. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune