Tag: First Congregational Church
In 1961, the Observer-Tribune noted the First Congregational Church’s groundbreaking for the new Christian Education Building. The new structure would have a 60 x 60 ft meeting room and a 36 x 60 ft classroom wing in the rear of the Church.
In 1955, The Mendham-Chester Tribune profiled prolific button collector Mrs. Daniel H. Skellinger. The nearly 89-year-old had been collecting buttons since the age of 12 and had amassed some extraordinary examples. One of the buttons, from the formation of the Christian Endeavor Society of the First Congregational Church was dated April 11, 1882.
In 1963, the First Congregational Church of Chester held its 86th Annual Fair. Leonard Barker served as general chairman, assisted by a committee. The First Congregational Church was founded in 1747. Source: Observer-Tribune.