Tag: Jacob T. Lewis
In 1955, Chief Jacob T. Lewis of the Morris County Civil Defense and Disaster Control announced there would be a five-company relay pumping drill in the south west section of Morris county. The Chester Volunteer Fire Company’s house was named the rendezvous point. The fire companies of Morris County had had more training in relay pumping than any similar area in the United States. Source: The Mendham-Chester Tribune.