Tag: Mendham Township
In 1955, the Chester School held a Music Workshop attended by 160 people. Participating districts included Jefferson, Milton, Mount Arlington, Chester, Netcong, Mendham Township, Washington Township, Budd Lake, Wharton, and Flanders. Children in primary, middle, and upper grades participated in demonstrations of vocal music, music appreciation, instrumentals, rhythms, and creative dancing. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune
In 1956, area voters created New Jersey’s largest regional school district comprising Chester, Mendham Borough and Township, Mount Olive, and Washington Township. The vote was 1858 in favor and 287 not. Source: The Mendham-Chester Tribune.
On September 6, 1960, the Chester Township Committee moved to abolish its participation in the 12-year old Tri-Municipal court that served the Township, Chester Borough, and Mendham Township. Chester Borough Council pulled out the following night. The Chesters planned to form their own court on advice from the Police Study Commission. Source: Observer-Tribune