Tag: Nathan Cooper
The Mendham-Chester Tribune revealed that Harry N. Cooper had died at his home on the Mendham-Chester Road on January 1, 1938. He was born to Henrietta and Nathan Cooper in 1884. He was survived by his wife Amelia L. Cooper, brother Dayton John (also of Chester) and two daughters, Mrs. Carl Bockoven of Mendham and Mrs. Orviletta Parker of Scotch Plains. He is interred in Pleasant Hill Cemetery.
In 1959, the Observer-Tribune profiled Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Fitzpatrick, who bought the old Chester schoolhouse on North Road and turned it into an antique shop. The schoolhouse was originally built in 1830, primarily through the efforts of Nathan Cooper. It was the first public school for the “North District.”