Tag: Red Cross
Sponsored by the Parent Teacher Association, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred G. Kay would once again open the swimming area on their estate to Chester Borough and Township residents, reported the Observer-Tribune in 1960. The swimming area was located next to the Black River on Hacklebarney Road. Free swimming lessons were provided by a Red Cross senior life guard.
Responding to devastating floods in Ohio and Mississippi, the Chester School, Boy Scouts, and Patriotic Order of Americans raised funds for the Red Cross, in 1937. The school kids were asked to collect from their families, the Boy Scouts raised money through parties, and the P.O.A. held bingo parties to earn its contributions. Source: Mendham-Chester Tribune