Tag: The Harvest House
In 1960, the Duncan Hines travel book Adventures in Good Eating named Auberge Provençale and the Harvest House as recommended restaurants. The 416-page guide contained 4500 listings — culled from “half a million eating and lodging places in North America,” reported the Observer-Tribune
In 1955, Ann and Charles Hand opened The Harvest House restaurant on East Main Street at the location of their antique shop within a (then) 175 year old house. One room was dedicated to a chef’s pantry featuring whole grain flours, herbs, and old-fashioned candies. Charles was the restaurant’s chef. Source: The Mendham-Chester Tribune.
In 1960, Roy H. Park, editor-in-chief of Duncan Hines Institute, announced that two Chester eateries Auberge Provencale and The Harvest House would be included in the 1961 edition of Adventures in Good Eating. The restaurants are among 4,500 establishments recommended by Duncan Hines in the new travel book. Source: Observer-Tribune