Look North Towards Post Office, Ralston, N.J., postcard, undated.
Ralston, a small community within Mendham Township, has been recognized by that name since the mid-to-late 1780s. Prior to the arrival of John Ralston in 1785, the area was known as Roxiticus. Like Chester, the area supported many mills and iron mines. The Post Office shown above operated for many years before closing during World War II. Since 1964, the building has been a museum and home to the Ralston Historical Association.
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the Local History Librarian, Chester Public Library, 250 W. Main Street, Chester, NJ 07930.
Exhibit Publication Date: Published in 2014. ©Copyright Chester Public Library 2014.